Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Big fat Lip :-(

On Saturday, I took Riley and Ashton to the Children's museum while Breanna and David went to the "Rock" show. WE had a great time and Ashton played at a lot of different places in the museum. Well, it was about 4 :30 and we were heading down to the middle level and Ashton feel down three stairs and really did a number on his upper lip. When I went to help him up with Riley in my arms, there was instant blood. Of course, instantly I thought oh no, teeth--did any of them get hurt....we are going to get stitches. I felt so awful. I picked him up and went to the front desk where I could at least take a better look at eye level and ask for an ice pack. It appeared that all teeth were fine and just a real number his upper lip (basically snipped the max. frenum--which a lot of times we excise for some ortho cases, so Ashton did his own frenectomy) I did call, Dr. Chris from work to check and see if there was anything we should do. Ashton was very tough. I just pray there will be no damage to his permanent teeth.
On Monday, Dr. Chris looked at lip and teeth and everything appeared to be okay. ;-) Ashton did a great job in the dental chair--he listened and cooperated very well.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Glad to hear that Ashton's okay!

momrox said...

Awww...... I'm glad he got through that. What a guy! I gotta get back there for an Ashton fix! BiL and I are left to smell one another's mugs of hot brew in the mornings.