Monday, December 4, 2006

227

I debated whether to add this moment. Yesterday we went to church like we normally do on Sunday mornings. Did the usual rountine, get our seated, etc. As I am holding Riley I look up at the display box which showed the numbers 227. I looked at David, gave him the card to say he was the owner of 227, Ashton. Ashton bit a girl at sunday school, left bite marks, the little girl had to get a bandaid. Ashton was in trouble (as he puts it). He said he was sorry. David spoke with Ashton, had a few words and bottom tap. David dismissed him back to sunday school. Then Ashton did it again to a boy. This was it, no more chances.
Ashton, had a rough day. He loves movies and mostly loves carrying the case of a movie around the house everywhere he goes. So punishment was no movies and he could not carry any sort of case of a movie around the house. He was devastated. (obviously, spanking did not speak loud enough). He kept repeating all day. What happened and he called the girl Sarah, he bit her, she had to get bandaid, etc. I hope this was a learning lesson we will not have to revisit. Today went well at the Y, not time outs or lashing out of angry. Good Job, Ashton.
The worst part of it, was we were unable to say something to the parents, I hope they forgive us and our son.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YEA! I'm so glad to see you on here!! :) Sorry to hear about Ashton's trouble... hopefully a day without movies taught him the lesson. Love you!

dj7 said...

Hey now, it wasn't that bad! You make it sound so rigid!!! Ok, he did leave some red colored bite wings on her, and the second bite attack was on a girl - but in a scary way I see the resolve in him to deal with a situation in a way that in the wild, or life an death might actually be right.... ok, back up, since me lil bro is getting all philisophical on me lately, I'm tending to ponder things a bit more, and so on this, I've pondered a bit on 'why' is it wrong to bite, 'what' exactly should I/we expect out of a 2/3 year old or toddler for that matter. And, would I have felt differently if this happend at the why oppossed to church.

And for the record, ashton did say he was sorry and talked about the incident all day, saying ahhhhh in a compasionite way when I'd remind him how the 1st girl had to get a bandaid and such...

We love you ashton!

JULIE said...

yeah me too deb. about the lesson part/no movies
love ya lots deb!!

momrox said...

Hang in there,all of you. Part of our love in action is cheering the successes and supporting the struggles. Ah, you all know that. Anyways, Julie, I am soooo impressed with your blogging! Keep it up. What a great way to stay in touch and as the distant granma, to know the dailies of the kiddos, AND the dailies of West Plum Street Angels 1 and 2.