Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas Baking with David and SPECIAL GUEST

Drum Roll please.....Tonight we had the pleasure of being in company with Grandma Rox and Bill. Grandma Rox doing the tradition of baking Old fashioned Ginger cookies and Peppernuts or as David would say peppercorn nuts. It was nice to mostly a bystander in the event. To have people baking in your home was a great feeling and discussing who was going to hopefully going to be able to enjoy the sampling--hint hint (josh and grandpa woods!!) Baking for me is such a wonderful thing when it tastes good and turns out right is such a healing experience. And I could feel that bonding I loved it!!
Grandma Rox is very selfless especially since she would not be able to enjoy the fruits of her labor due to her diet restrictions she follows very well in spite of me tempting or not having something for her here to be able to eat and enjoy!! Sorry, Rox I promise I don't do it on purpose!

Thanks Rox!! You are precious gem--

2 comments:

momrox said...

You're welcome and I'm blessed! This was really David's idea, and what a treat for me... the first time I have gotten to do peppernut baking in years! Now if I could just kick this gluten thing and eat some. Well, I just might jump my boundaries a bit before the holiday is over. I resisted sampling last night, so I know i can do it. But I just may have to sample one of each before the holidays end, eh?

momrox said...

So thank you to you, Julie, for opening your kitchen to the temporary chaos of the peppernut kingdom.:)