Monday, December 4, 2006

Christmas Baking

My family has the tradition every Christmas of baking Christmas cookies. And this is no easy task. My mom does all the hard work. She does the shopping for the items needed for all 20-25 cookies!! This year we did par down, but it is not unusual to have 15-20 different cookie/candy recipes! IT is AWESOME and oh so yummy. So this past Saturday we started the cooking, but we did not have everyone in attendence. So it was a little more challenging plus adding two special helpers. Mom, Deb and I (which I was like two hours late, no excuse.) started on the baking, which was fun and had many laughs mostly on mom's account. Which usually is who we make fun of. Deb, really worked hard and won on making the most receipes. Good Job, Deb. We missed having Kris, although I think the kitchen was more messy without her? Janelle, was there mostly to taste test the cookies. Thanks Janelle! ;-)
Well, this one of my favorite memories growing up and I am glad the baking still continues so I can support my chocolate habit!!
Merry Christmas!

No comments: